Wellspring is the leading provider of software tools to manage R&D and technology commercialization. Our suite of web-based software manages the transformation of scientific discoveries into real world products. We work with clients to accelerate the pace of innovation at premier research universities, R&D groups at Fortune 500 companies, and leading medical institutions. Wellspring also operates Flintbox®, the largest online marketplace for inventions emerging from research labs around the world.
Wellspring offers a dynamic work environment located in the River North neighborhood of Chicago. We are a rapidly growing software firm with significant opportunities for career advancement.
As a Software Engineer at Wellspring, you will collaborate closely with product management to develop features and capabilities that enhance the Wellspring Search platform. We are looking for energetic and motivated individuals ready to join our top-notch development team and take on the exciting challenges an enterprise SaaS platform provides.
● Work with business teams to analyze plans and problems, discover requirements, and develop solutions
● Enable users to sift through large amounts of content to discover relevant and useful information
● Provide users with greater insights into platform content, including interactive visualization tools
● Study, reimagine, revise, and refactor our continually evolving codebase, framework, and architecture
● Integrate closely with QA and Ops teams to deliver high quality software and systems in our progressive-development environment, including participation in agile planning, code review, automated testing, and continuous integration.
● Desire and ability to learn and thrive in complex problem domains
● Relational database experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc)
● Experience using D3.js to build visualizations
● Proven ability to work well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
● Exceptional ability to analyze and solve, predict and prevent problems
● Bachelor's degree in computer science or related degree or comparable experience
● Experience building client side architectures in React
● Experience interfacing with search platforms such as ElasticSearch and Solr
● Deep understanding of object-oriented and relational database design
● Knowledge of enterprise software patterns and domain-driven design principles
We invite qualified applicants to send a resume and brief introduction to email@example.com. Wellspring is an Equal Opportunity Employer.