Wellspring is the leading provider of software tools to manage R&D and technology commercialization. Our suite of web-based software manages the transformation of scientific discoveries into real world products. We work with clients to accelerate the pace of innovation at premier research universities, R&D groups at Fortune 500 companies, and leading medical institutions. Wellspring also operates Flintbox®, the largest online marketplace for inventions emerging from research labs around the world.
If you have a passion for full stack development and technology in general, enjoy and thrive in an agile, fast-moving, ever-changing startup environment, welcome and take on technical challenges of all shapes and sizes, have excellent interpersonal skill and sense of humor and enjoy rolling up your sleeves and jumping in, then read on!
This role is U.S. based and is remote work. You will have the option to travel to the HQ location in Chicago, IL for Team based meets. Applicants MUST be authorized to work in the U.S.
As a Software Engineer at Wellspring, you will collaborate closely with business development, product development, and client services teams to develop creative solutions to real-world customer demands. We are looking for energetic and motivated individuals ready to join our top-notch development team and take on the exciting challenges an enterprise SaaS platform provides.
- Work with business teams to analyze plans and problems, discover requirements, and develop solutions
- Develop and construct libraries, plugins, tools, scripts, and tests using efficient, scalable, and sustainable engineering practices to ensure long-term maintainability.
- Study, reimagine, revise, and refactor our continually evolving codebase, framework, and architecture
- Integrate closely with QA and Ops teams to deliver high quality software and systems in our progressive development environment, including participation in agile planning, code review, automated testing, and continuous integration
- Desire and ability to learn and thrive in complex problem domains and to build technologies to meet their needs
- Web programming experience in a dynamic scripting language like PHP, Ruby, or Python
- Experience working with relational databases like MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Proven ability to work well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Exceptional ability to analyze and solve, predict and prevent problems
- Deep understanding of object-oriented and relational database design
- Knowledge of enterprise software patterns and domain-driven design principles
- Experience working in LAMP stack systems and proficiency with Linux command line operations
- Strong interest in DevOps and Continuous Delivery
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or information systems
We invite qualified applicants to send a resume and brief introduction to email@example.com.
Wellspring is an Equal Opportunity Employer.