Wellspring is the leading provider of software tools to manage R&D and technology commercialization. Our suite of web-based software manages the transformation of scientific discoveries into real world products. We work with clients to accelerate the pace of innovation at premier research universities, R&D groups at Fortune 500 companies, and leading medical institutions. Wellspring also operates Flintbox®, the largest online marketplace for inventions emerging from research labs around the world.
Wellspring offers a dynamic work environment located in the West Loop neighborhood of Chicago. We are a rapidly growing software firm with significant opportunities for career advancement.
As a Software Engineer at Wellspring, you will collaborate closely with business development, product development, and client services teams to develop creative solutions to real-world customer demands. We are looking for energetic and motivated individuals ready to join our top-notch development team and take on the exciting challenges an enterprise SaaS platform provides.
- Work with business teams to analyze plans and problems, discover requirements, and develop solutions
- Design and build libraries, plugins, tools, scripts, and tests using efficient, extensible, maintainable, sustainable engineering practices
- Study, reimagine, revise, and refactor our continually evolving codebase, framework, and architecture
- Integrate closely with QA and Ops teams to deliver high quality software and systems in our progressive development environment, including participation in agile planning, code review, automated testing, and continuous integration
- Desire and ability to learn and thrive in complex problem domains and to build technologies to meet their needs
- Web programming experience in a dynamic scripting language like PHP, Ruby, or Python
- Experience working with relational databases like MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Proven ability to work well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Exceptional ability to analyze and solve, predict and prevent problems
- Deep understanding of object-oriented and relational database design
- Knowledge of enterprise software patterns and domain-driven design principles
- Experience working in LAMP stack systems and proficiency with Linux command line operations
- Strong interest in DevOps and Continuous Delivery
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or information systems
We invite qualified applicants to send a resume and brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wellspring is an Equal Opportunity Employer.