Senior Account Executive
Wellspring is the leading provider of software tools to manage R&D and technology commercialization. Our suite of web-based software manages the transformation of scientific discoveries into real world products. We work with clients to accelerate the pace of innovation at premier research universities, R&D groups at Fortune 500 companies, and leading medical institutions. Wellspring also operates Flintbox®, the largest online marketplace for inventions emerging from research labs around the world.
Wellspring seeks a Senior Account Executive to join our expanding sales team. The Senior AE will be tasked with driving revenue growth of all Wellspring products. You will drive new revenue and deliver world-class customer engagement by educating companies on the value of our data-driven products and solutions and advancing them through the deal cycle. The right candidate will have a proven track record of exceeding sales quotas for software-based solutions.
Specific roles and responsibilities:
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales targets
- Build superior relationships to close SAAS deals with potential clients
- Proactively contact prospective customers
- Understand potential clients’ business and how Wellspring’s products can support them
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell and upsell clients on additional service
- Prepare proposals, statements of work & corresponding contracts
- Effectively negotiate price and other terms within established programs, policies and procedures to generate profits and greater customer satisfaction
- Maintain account and opportunity forecasting within CRM system
- Work collaboratively with other internal Wellspring teams
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of technical sales or similar experience with complex products.
- A proven sales hunter and closer.
- Proven track record of sales excellence.
- Experience selling at the "C" level.
- Superior professional presence and business acumen.
- Domestic and international travel (approximately 25%).