Sales Development Representative
Are you our next team member? We invite interested and qualified applicants to send a resume, a cover letter, and salary expectations to Chris Townsend via email@example.com. Please include the title of this role in the subject line.
Wellspring is expanding our Sales Development team as our company accelerates into the next phase of growth. We are looking for SDRs eager to join a fast-paced, achievement-oriented workplace at a VC-backed enterprise software company.
Wellspring is the global leader in tech scouting and innovation management software, serving leading companies including Bose, Corteva, P&G, J&J, Patagonia, Westinghouse, SoftBank, and many others. Our platform helps businesses track workflows across the innovation portfolio, scout for disruptive technologies, find co-development partners, and manage R&D operations globally.
About the Role
Wellspring has been growing 50%+ year-on-year, primarily through direct sales. We believe there is an opportunity to aim much higher by scaling up the marketing and sales organizations into a far more sophisticated growth engine. Expanding and professionalizing the SDR team is a central aspect of this plan as the SDR drives the lead-generation efforts that result in successful client acquisition. As a member of the SDR team, you’ll be responsible for:
- Inbound lead follow-up. You’ll triage inbound leads generated by marketing and proactively contact prospective customers to set appointments for the sales team.
- Outbound pipeline development. In addition to “receiving” warm leads from marketing, you’ll prospect into a named account list of companies to set appointments for sales. You’ll be required to use a combination of phone, email and LinkedIn to contact prospects.
- Conference marketing. You’ll set up meetings for sales at conferences and drive attendance to our innovation roundtables and other events.
As a member of the sales and marketing team, Wellspring will train you and invest in your development. As you meet goals and mature in the role, there is an opportunity to expand your responsibilities – conducting deep discovery with clients, qualifying SQLs, and more. You’ll gain exposure to a wide cross-section of Wellspring’s business operations and work alongside many of our senior executive team. Ultimately, you’ll be a key player contributing to our overall success by building the sales pipeline.
This role is a great career accelerant for young professionals with strong aspirations in enterprise sales and marketing. Members of our SDR team have been promoted to BDR and AE roles within Wellspring and we’re committed to offering new opportunities to top-performing people.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2 - 4 years in B2B sales and marketing, particularly enterprise software
- Experience in SDR / BDR roles is a plus. Familiarity with a range of prospecting techniques across email, phone and LinkedIn.
- Ability to project confidence and expertise when discussing business and technical topics with senior level executives
- Persistence, determination and a habit of not taking ‘No’ for an answer
- Self-starter with a proactive penchant for driving momentum from scratch and creating new opportunities for oneself
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Relentless desire to excel and win. Experience in high-growth startups is preferred but not required.
- High degrees of intellectual curiosity, professional rigor, and personal integrity
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Desire for a long-term career in Enterprise Sales and/or Marketing
Our Values are Our Company
We have four values that every team member approaches their work with. Our values ensure we maintain a respectful, productive, fun, and collegial office.
Transparency: We speak plainly and question honestly regardless of rank or hierarchy in the organization
Empathy: We listen to each other and recognize each other's point of view
Tenacity: We get the job done and rise to the occasion when faced with difficult challenges.
Expertise: We're all experts in our domain and respect each other's expertise.
We look forward to you joining the Wellspring team.
Wellspring’s people are innovators, thinkers, and doers – approachable yet professional; driven yet open-minded. All Wellspring employees enjoy:
- Medical, vision, and dental benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Transportation benefits
- Life insurance
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Significant career-development upside as we continue to grow and scale
Wellspring is an Equal Opportunity Employer.