Quality Assurance Analyst
Wellspring is the leading provider of software tools to manage R&D and technology commercialization. Our suite of web-based software manages the transformation of scientific discoveries into real world products. We work with clients to accelerate the pace of innovation at premier research universities, R&D groups at Fortune 500 companies, and leading medical institutions. Wellspring also operates Flintbox®, the largest online marketplace for inventions emerging from research labs around the world.
Wellspring offers a dynamic work environment located in the River North neighborhood of Chicago. We are a rapidly growing software firm with significant opportunities for career advancement.
QA Analysts at Wellspring are responsible for contributing to the implementation, execution of regression and user-acceptance tests as well as the curation and oversight of releases. This is an opportunity to join a top-notch agile development team and take ownership over the testing of our enterprise SaaS platform. This position requires effective communication and collaboration with our client services, product development, and engineering teams.
- Maintain, develop, and execute regression test suites
- Create testing strategies for our suite of products
- Report on testing progress, status, and results as a stakeholder in the engineering process
- Vet specifications for testability while adhering to agile standards
- Collaborate with QA team to plan, test, and document all releases
- Ability to identify bugs and report them effectively
- Familiarity with all major web browsers
- Proven ability to work well in a collaborative environment
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and JS
- Technical skills that provide insight to, and understanding of, software
- Knowledge of QA processes in an agile software engineering lifecycle
- Familiarity with PHP, MySQL, and Unix Shells
- Understanding of standard SDLCs
We invite qualified applicants to send a resume and brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wellspring is an Equal Opportunity Employer.