Project Manager (Wellspring Japan)
Wellspring Japan has a current open position for a Project Manager as our company accelerates into the next phase of growth.
We are looking for the technical professional eager to join a fast-paced, achievement-oriented workplace at a VC-backed enterprise software company.
Wellspring is the global leader in tech scouting and innovation management software, serving leading companies including J&J, Softbank, Panasonic, many iconic Universities, and more. Headquarter is located at Chicago in the US, and Japan HQ is at Shinbashi Tokyo which was founded in December 2019.
Wellspring platform helps businesses scout for disruptive technologies, find co-development partners, track workflows across the innovation portfolio, manage R&D operations globally, and tech transfer / IP licensing through the largest marketplace in the world.
About the Role
Your main responsibility will be to manage data and processes to ensure the smooth transitioning of client data during our international enterprise software implementations. This involves actual data audit & cleansing which sometimes small script developments, data mapping among existing system/spreadsheet to Wellspring system database, system configurations based on clients business process/workflow/reporting needs. You will collaborate with clients and internal client support staff during each project.
This position is ideal for quick learners, great communicators in both Japanese and English, and those with strong hands-on experience with analyzing data/migrating data/implementing B2B business applications and/or system understanding of client business processes/operations/ needs. Understanding and experience with cloud-based systems, consulting service, and project management are big plus.
As a key member of the Wellspring, the person will directly report to the PM team lead in the US, and the dotted-line report to the Japan CEO.
As a member of the Wellspring technical team, Wellspring will train you and invest in your development. As you meet goals and mature in the role, there is an opportunity to expand your responsibilities at different positions, management and more as the business grows in the future. You’ll gain exposure to a wide cross-section of Wellspring’s business operations and work alongside many of our senior executive team. Ultimately, you’ll be a key player contributing to our overall success.
This role is a great career accelerator for young professionals with strong aspirations in enterprise innovation businesses. We are committed to offering growth opportunities to top performing people. Tokyo and metropolitan areas are preferred as your place to live, though not required. Wellspring currently allows employees to work fully from home or in the office at their preference and according to federal and local guidelines.
The office is located just a few minutes away from JR Shinbashi Station / Mita-line UchiSaiwaicho Station.
Job Details, and Desired Skills/Experience:
- Bilingual Communication: Translate information between Japanese and English and communicate effectively in both languages.
- Data Management: Work with existing client data to ensure smooth transition during system implementation. Support and directly engage in data translation and mapping of the data into the Wellspring system. This includes data audit, and sometimes writing out small scripts to clean-up / modify data.
- Solution Consulting: Transform client use cases and needs into specification for the software configuration. Present and explain software usage.
- Training: Design and deliver manuals and actual on-site/online based training on the Wellspring softwares to clients.
- Hands-on experiences on B2B system migration, knowledge/experience with RDB, and application/small script development. Ideally the experience on the migration/implementation with a semi-customizable cloud-based system.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal/client-management skills.
- Fluency in both spoken and written Japanese and English.
- Ability to clearly communicate and present information to client groups.
- Interest or experience as a solution consultant, data analyst, or software project manager.
- Some experience with Excel or other data management tools.
Our Values are Our Company: We have four values that every team member approaches their work with. Our values ensure we maintain a respectful, productive, fun, and collegial office.
- Transparency: We speak plainly and question honestly regardless of rank or hierarchy in the organization.
- Empathy: We listen to each other and recognize each other's point of view.
- Tenacity: We get the job done and rise to the occasion when faced with difficult challenges.
- Expertise: We're all experts in our domain and respect each other's expertise.
Are you our next team member? We invite interested and qualified applicants to send a resume, a cover letter, and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please include the title of this role in the subject line.
Wellspring is an Equal Opportunity Employer.