Project Manager/Implementation Consultant
Wellspring is the leading provider of software tools to manage R&D and technology commercialization. Our suite of web-based software manages the transformation of scientific discoveries into real-world products. We work with clients to accelerate the pace of innovation at premier research universities, R&D groups at Fortune 500 companies, and leading medical institutions. Wellspring also operates Flintbox®, the largest online marketplace for inventions emerging from research labs around the world.
Wellspring seeks a diligent and client focused professional to join our team as a project manager for supporting our client implementation process. Your main responsibility will be to manage data and processes to ensure the smooth transitioning of client data during our enterprise software implementations. You will also collaborate with clients, business development and engineering staff during each phase from project planning to execution to system delivery. This position is ideal for quick-learners with proven experience analyzing data and working with complex databases and emerging business processes.
Specific roles and responsibilities:
- Implementation Management: Identify necessary tasks, estimate time and resources, and stay informed of progress on internal and external task such as system integrations, software configurations, and minor software customizations.
- Solution Consulting: Transform client use cases and needs into functional specifications. Comfort and proficiency in presenting and explaining software configurations and usage.
- Monitoring/Controlling: Monitor project deliverables and timelines for clients through execution of weekly work plans and communication strategies, including regular meetings, status reports, progress dashboards, and executive level progress reports. Identify project risks and implement mitigation plans and escalation strategies.
- Data Management: Work with existing client data to ensure smooth transition during system implementation. Support and directly engage in data manipulation and imports.
- Training: Provide training to end users and client staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal / client management skills
- Familiarity or expertise with one or more of the following: Excel, MySQL, STATA, SPSS, SAS, Perl, Python,or other ETL related programs or tools.
- Ability to clearly communicate and present information to client groups
- Experience with data analysis or complex databases
3+ years experience as a solution consultant, data analyst, software project manager, or leading enterprise software implementations
Industry experience in B2B software
Background in providing solutions for academic institutions, research hospitals, or industrial R&D is preferred
Are you the perfect fit? We invite interested and qualified applicants to submit all of the following: resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Wellspring will contact targeted candidates for initial interviews within 2 weeks of receiving their applications.
Wellspring is an Equal Opportunity Employer.