Manager of IT Operations
Wellspring is the leading provider of software tools to manage R&D and technology commercialization. Our suite of web-based software manages the transformation of scientific discoveries into real world products. We work with clients to accelerate the pace of innovation at premier research universities, R&D groups at Fortune 500 companies, and leading medical institutions. Wellspring also operates Flintbox®, the largest online marketplace for inventions emerging from research labs around the world.
Wellspring offers a dynamic work environment located in the River North neighborhood of Chicago. We are a rapidly growing software firm with significant opportunities for career advancement.
The Manager of IT Operations will lead the company’s information technology operations on our SaaS platforms. The successful candidate will work cross-functionally to find and implement practical and scalable technology solutions while maintaining compliance with our security policies and procedures. Reporting directly to our Chief Operating Officer, this is an exciting growth opportunity for a self-starting and resourceful professional.
- Creating and leading long- and short-term strategic IT plans that includes budgeted plans and actionable operational initiatives.
- Implements, supports and reports on system security and compliance with regulations and standards as required (ISO27001, NIST 800-53, GDPR, etc.). Develop, implement, and maintain IT and cloud security policies and operational procedures.
- Develops, maintains, and oversees backup and disaster recovery (DR)/business continuity plans.
- Lead a 3-4 person team to manage and support all internal technology needs, including help desk, hardware management, regular maintenance and upgrades, security improvements, platform scaling.
- Establishes and maintains regular communications with team leaders and all stakeholders on projects regarding pertinent IT activities. Interacts with clients and vendors as required.
- Direct involvement in executing assigned engineering tasks.
- 7+ years experience in IT Operations as a Systems Engineer, DevOps Engineer, SRE, or similar role.
- Strong understanding of web frameworks, both microservices and monolithic, and the ability to administer/troubleshoot them in a production Linux environment
- Strong ability to program with Python, Bash, or other scripting language
- Experience working with and contributing to a Configuration Management suite such as Puppet.
- Experience with AWS (or Google, Azure) cloud hosting and automation
- Experience with Servers, Infrastructure, Platform Sizing, Infrastructure Cost Reduction
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making capabilities to meet the organizations developing needs and growth.
- Knowledge of federal risk assessment tools, technologies and methodologies.
- Enjoys to have a hands-on and active role in engineering activities.
We invite qualified applicants to send a resume and brief introduction to email@example.com.
Wellspring is an Equal Opportunity Employer.