Junior Systems Engineer
Our clients fight diseases, improve natural resource efficiency, create next generation electronics, and develop higher yield crops. Wellspring is the leading provider of software to manage R&D and innovation. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, premier research universities, and leading medical institutions. Wellspring also operates Flintbox®, the largest online marketplace for inventions emerging from research labs around the world.
We are looking for a Jr. Systems Engineer that will work with the IT Operations team across all departments to maintain and improve our SaaS platform and ensure compliance with corporate security policies and procedures. Reporting directly to our IT Operations Manager, this is an exciting growth opportunity for a self-starting and resourceful professional.
We invite interested and qualified applicants to send a resume, brief introduction, and salary requirement to Michael Blanco via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mostly Mac or Linux desktop environment
- AWS, GCP, Azure, and colocation facility hosting
- Managed infrastructure as code with Puppet and Terraform
- Large array of Python scripts for common tasks
- Response, resolution, and root cause analysis of service issues and system alerts
- Provide end-user support, technical onboarding and offboarding
- Administer networks, hosts, workstations, and key applications
- Implement software and hardware solutions to improve IT operations
- Maintain office IT infrastructure including laptops, printers, WiFi, and VoIP
- Create and maintain technical procedures and documentation
- Comply with and enforce IT standard operating procedures and security policies across all departments
- Experience with Linux hosting (LAMP stack or similar) in a production environment
- Experience administering and troubleshooting Mac OS, Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Experience administering and configuring users, groups, roles and access policies
- Understanding of common network protocols such as DHCP, DNS, HTTP, SFTP, SMTP, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience scripting with Python, Bash, or other programming languages
- Experience with virtualization: KVM, Xen, VMWare
- Experience with software development lifecycles and automated testing
- Experience with information security: federal computing standards, auditing, and pen testing
Wellspring offers a dynamic work environment located in the River North neighborhood of Chicago. Our team is highly collaborative, technical, and creative. This role will give you hands-on experience with the support and operation of our SaaS applications and cloud hosting infrastructure.
Wellspring is an Equal Opportunity Employer.