Data Quality Engineer
Wellspring is the leading provider of software tools to manage R&D and technology commercialization. Our suite of web-based software manages the transformation of scientific discoveries into real world products. We work with clients to accelerate the pace of innovation at premier research universities, R&D groups at Fortune 500 companies, and leading medical institutions. Wellspring also operates Flintbox®, the largest online marketplace for inventions emerging from research labs around the world.
If you have a passion for software and technology in general, enjoy and thrive in an agile, fast-moving, ever-changing startup environment, welcome and take on challenges of all shapes and sizes, have excellent interpersonal skill and sense of humor and enjoy rolling up your sleeves and jumping in, then read on!
This role is U.S. based and is remote work. You will have the option to travel to the HQ location in Chicago, IL for Team based meets. Applicants MUST be authorized to work in the U.S.
Position SummaryAs a Data Quality Engineer at Wellspring, you will collaborate closely with the team to procure, curate, and process raw data being fed into the Wellspring Scout data pipeline and to validate the results that it produces. We are looking for energetic and motivated individuals ready to join our top-notch engineering team and take on the exciting challenges that our search and data platform provides.
- Investigate entity and document data from third-party sources
- Validate and curate data within the Wellspring Scout application
- Work with engineers to verify and clean data
- Validate the output from machine learning and AI models
- Proven experience as Data Analyst, Data Quality Engineer, or similar role
- Knowledge of data formats and types, as well as issues or errors related to them.
- General understanding of data formats including CSV, JSON, and XML.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
We invite qualified applicants to send a resume and brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wellspring is an Equal Opportunity Employer.