Data and Operations Associate
Wellspring Worldwide is the leading provider of software tools to manage R&D and technology commercialization. Our suite of web-based software manages the transformation of scientific discoveries into real-world products. We work with clients to accelerate the pace of innovation at premier research universities, R&D groups at Fortune 500 companies, and leading medical institutions. Wellspring also operates Flintbox®, the largest online marketplace for inventions emerging from research labs around the world.
We are looking for a Data and Operations Associate to support our clients post-implementation and ensure continued success with our software. You will work directly with the VP of Customer Success, Academic and provide professional services for our clients to perform a variety of operational tasks related to the client’s installation of Sophia, including:
- Entry and docketing of Intellectual Property and Intellectual Property deadlines and correspondence
- Reporting of federally funded inventions
- Review, analysis, entry, and maintenance of contracts, with specific attention to license terms, payments due, and contractual obligations
- Review, analysis, and entry of legal bills
- Invoicing of our clients’ licensees
- Process Improvement Consultations and creation of Standard Operating Procedures
In performing the above tasks, you will both ensure accuracy and completeness of documents and data provided by clients to us, as well as lead the data entry and accurate maintenance of information in the client’s Sophia software. Attention to detail and a deep understanding of Technology Transfer and Sophia are necessary for this position. In addition, you will support multiple clients in parallel: time management and organization skills are critical to success in this role.
We are looking for a Client IP & Records Administrator to provide professional services for our clients to perform a variety of operational tasks related to the client’s use of our technology transfer management system, Sophia, including:
- Experience in university technology transfer with direct experience in patent docketing and reviewing licenses and other contracts
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, high growth, entrepreneurial environment.
- Previous track record of establishing and maintaining excellent client relationships.
- Excellent communication skills including writing, conversing and presenting.
We invite qualified applicants to send a resume and brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wellspring is an Equal Opportunity Employer.