Client IP & Records Administrator (London based)
Remuneration: £35,000 – £45,000 (dependent on experience) + bonus + company pension
This permanent role is an excellent opportunity for a person with a good handle on intellectual property (IP) to join a dynamic, fast-growing, IP management service team. The role would suit a candidate with an exceptional eye for detail and 2-3 years’ experience in a patent secretarial/records position or IP formalities within an Attorney Firm or Service Provider.
Wellspring EMEA (previously IP Pragmatics (www.ip-pragmatics.com) is a management consultancy specialising in Intellectual property (IP) and technologies. It is part of Wellspring Worldwide (www.wellspring.com), a Chicago-based company that is the leading provider of software tools to manage R&D and technology commercialization.
Our suite of web-based software manages the transformation of scientific discoveries into real-world products. We work with clients to accelerate the pace of innovation at premier research universities, R&D groups at Fortune 500 companies, and leading medical institutions. Wellspring also operates Flintbox®, the largest online marketplace for inventions emerging from research labs around the world.
Job Description and Requirements
We are looking for a Client IP & Records Administrator to provide professional services for our clients to perform a variety of operational tasks related to the client’s use of our technology transfer management system, Sophia, including:
- Entry and docketing of Intellectual Property and Intellectual Property deadlines and correspondence.
- Review, analysis, entry, and maintenance of contracts, with specific attention to license terms, payments due, and contractual obligations.
- Review, analysis, and entry of legal/patent attorney bills into the system.
- Liaising with a range of clients to help manage their technology transfer/IP portfolios.
- Assist in the day-to day running of IP Pragmatics by; coordinating meetings; liaising with clients; and contributing to the general administration.
- Being an active part of the company and contributing to its long-term vision
In performing the above tasks, you will both ensure accuracy and completeness of client documents and data provided to us, as well as lead the data entry and accurate maintenance of information in the client’s Sophia software. In addition, you will support multiple clients in parallel: time management and organization skills are critical to success in this role.
We are seeking individuals who are organised, proactive and have exceptional attention to detail.
The job presents an opportunity for an individual with a few years work experience who is keen to enhance their IP knowledge, whilst working with many different research and commercial organisations. All of this whilst working in a dynamic, friendly, and ambitious company.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Practical experience of working in the IP management, technology transfer or Patent Attorney industry
- Academic background in intellectual property would be an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel
- Self-motivated with ability to prioritise tasks
- Good organisation and time management skills, detail orientation and ability to multi-task
- Willingness to learn
- Demonstrable initiative and capable of working independently with minimal supervision
Additional Skills & Experience
- CIPA qualification
- Training in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of cross-checking patent, design and trademark data through online patent and trade mark office (PTO) registers
Location: Central London
The job holder will be expected to work from our central London office two days per week with the remainder being home-based and combine this with occasional travel within the UK and overseas to client locations and to partner offices over the mid-term.
In return you will be working in a collegiate and flexible environment with an excellent benefits package and ongoing training support:
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Generous bonus scheme (up to 10% of salary based on performance)
- Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme (at present a 8% company contribution in line with existing legislation)
Applications by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) including a full CV or in writing to:
Wellspring EMEA Limited
31-35 Kirby Street