Business Development Representative at Wellspring Japan
MUST BE BASED IN JAPAN
Wellspring is opening our Business Development position as our company accelerates into the next phase of growth. We are looking for the BDR eager to join a fast-paced, achievement-oriented workplace at a VC-backed enterprise software company.
Wellspring is the global leader in tech scouting and innovation management software, serving leading companies including J&J, Softbank, Panasonic, many iconic Universities, and more. Headquarter is located in Chicago in the US, and Japan HQ is located in Shinbashi Tokyo which was founded in 2020.
Wellspring platform helps businesses scout for disruptive technologies, find co-development partners, track workflows across the innovation portfolio, and manage R&D operations globally.
About the Role
Wellspring has been growing 25%+ year-on-year, primarily through direct sales. We believe there is an opportunity to aim much higher by scaling up the marketing and sales organizations into a far more sophisticated growth engine. Opening the new BDR position is a central aspect of this plan as the BDR drives the lead-generation efforts that result in successful client acquisition. As a key member of the Wellspring Japan, you will directly report to the Japan CEO and be responsible for:
- Prospecting and outreach to potential customers and outbound pipeline development
- Develop target contact lists for outreach campaigns in partnership with sales and customer success leaders.
- Create compelling scripts to increase open and response rates.
- Leverage outbound lead channels such as email, phone, in-person event, webinar and social media, as well as automation tools to connect with, qualify, and set sales meetings for Account Executives.
- Managing Account Executive pipeline to convert qualified calls into demo meetings
- Conference marketing: set up meetings for sales at conferences and drive attendance to online, local, and national events.
- Accurately maintaining CRM tools, including weekly entry of leads, email/call notes, and movement of prospects through the pipeline stages for deals worked on.
As a member of the sales and Wellspring Japan team, Wellspring will train you and invest in your development. As you meet goals and mature in the role, there is an opportunity to expand your responsibilities – conducting deep discovery with clients, qualifying SQLs, and more. You’ll gain exposure to a wide cross-section of Wellspring’s business operations and work alongside many of our senior executive team. Ultimately, you’ll be a key player contributing to our overall success by building the sales pipeline.
This role is a great career accelerant for young professionals with strong aspirations in enterprise sales and marketing. Members of our BDR team can be promoted Account Executive and Management roles within Wellspring. We are committed to offering growth opportunities to top-performing people.
Location in Tokyo and metropolitan areas are preferred though not required. Wellspring currently allows employees to work fully from home or in the office at their preference and according to federal and local guidelines.
The office is located just few minutes away from JR Shinbashi Station / MIta-line Uchi-Saiwaicho Station.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years in B2B BDR, sales, and/or marketing, particularly enterprise solution software.
- Experience in BDR and lead generation roles is a plus. Familiarity with a range of prospecting techniques across email, phone and LinkedIn, as well as tools like Salesforce, Dymanics, HubSpot, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and ZoomInfo.
- Ability to project confidence and expertise when discussing business and technical topics with senior level executives
- Persistence, determination and a habit of not taking ‘No’ for an answer
- Self-starter with a proactive penchant for driving momentum from scratch and creating new opportunities for oneself
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Relentless desire to excel and win. Experience in high-growth startups is preferred but not required.
- Experiences with solution software / cloud software business / IT related strategic consulting / Innovation and IP business are preferred, but not required.
- High degrees of intellectual curiosity, professional rigor, and personal integrity.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal – Native in Japanese, and Fluent in English.
- Desire for a long-term career in Enterprise Sales and/or Marketing
Our Values are Our Company
We have four values that every team member approaches their work with. Our values ensure we maintain a respectful, productive, fun, and collegial office.
- Transparency: We speak plainly and question honestly regardless of rank or hierarchy in the organization.
- Empathy: We listen to each other and recognize each other's point of view.
- Tenacity: We get the job done and rise to the occasion when faced with difficult challenges.
- Expertise: We're all experts in our domain and respect each other's expertise.
Are you our next team member? We invite interested and qualified applicants to send a resume, a cover letter, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of this role in the subject line.
Wellspring is an Equal Opportunity Employer.