Account Executive, Government Sales
Location: Washington DC Metro Area Preferred
Position SummaryWellspring is the leading provider of software tools to manage R&D and technology commercialization. Our suite of web-based software manages the transformation of scientific discoveries into real world products. We work with clients to accelerate the pace of innovation at premier research universities, Government Agencies, R&D groups at Fortune 500 companies, and leading medical institutions. Wellspring also operates Flintbox®, the largest online marketplace for inventions emerging from research labs around the world.
Wellspring seeks an Account Executive, Government Sales to join our growing sales team. The Account Executive will be tasked with expanding business development and revenue growth of our Wellspring solutions into US Government Agencies. You will drive new revenue and deliver world-class customer engagement by educating Government prospects on the value of our data-driven solutions and advancing them through the deal cycle. The right candidate will have existing relationships with agency decision makers and a proven track record of exceeding sales quotas for software-based cloud solutions into the US Government.
Specific roles and responsibilities:
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales targets
- Expand our current US Government business development outreach while prospecting for new business
- Engage prospective Government customers on SaaS solutions
- Build superior relationships to close SAAS deals with Government prospects
- Understand potential clients’ business and how Wellspring’s solutions can support them and add value
- Know how to get things done and advance opportunities through formal channels and informal networks
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell and upsell clients on additional services
- Prepare proposals, statements of work & corresponding contracts
- Effectively negotiate price and other terms within established programs, policies and procedures to generate profits and greater customer satisfaction
- Maintain account and opportunity forecasting within our CRM system
- Work collaboratively with other internal Wellspring teams
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of SaaS Sales experience with complex solutions into US Government Agencies.
- Marketing and lead generation knowledge of the US Government space.
- Experience working and selling into Government Agencies with existing relationships.
- US Federal Contracts and Program engagement experience.
- A proven sales hunter and closer.
- A proven track record of sales excellence.
- Superior professional presence and business acumen. Domestic travel (approximately 25%).
Are you our next team member? We invite interested and qualified applicants to send a resume, a cover letter, and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please include the title of this role in the subject line.
Wellspring is an Equal Opportunity Employer.