Business Development Representative
Wellspring is the leading provider of software tools to manage R&D and technology commercialization. Our suite of web-based software manages the transformation of scientific discoveries into real-world products. We work with clients to accelerate the pace of innovation at premier research universities, R&D groups at Fortune 500 companies, and leading medical institutions. Wellspring also operates Flintbox®, the largest online marketplace for inventions emerging from research labs around the world.
Wellspring seeks a Business Development Representative to join our expanding sales team. In this role, your main responsibility will be to identify, qualify, and progress new prospective clients through the sales process via cold-calling, email, social media, and trade show interactions. This position reports to the Business Development Manager and will be responsible for growing our sales pipeline.
The Business Development Representative position is ideal for intellectually curious individuals who have a passion for sales and new business development, as well as genuine enthusiasm for the complex process of innovation, R&D, and corporate venturing activities.
Specific roles and responsibilities:
- Identify, contact, qualify, and progress potential Wellspring clients through the sales process.
- Engage in consultative sales conversations with prospective clients initiated through cold-calling activities, including phone, email, and social media channels (e.g., LinkedIn).
- Prioritize strategic account lists in collaboration with the Business Development Manager.
- Specific product areas include: Technology Scouting, Corporate Venturing, and IP Management.
- Some trade show travel may be required (approximately once per quarter).
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred.
- Minimum 5 years inside sales experience.
- Demonstrated experience selling to senior leadership.
Are you the perfect fit? We invite interested and qualified applicants to submit all of the following: resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Wellspring will contact targeted candidates for initial interviews within 2 weeks of receiving their applications.
Wellspring is an Equal Opportunity Employer.